The Crowds in the Field
I made a few crowds simulation before like this,
However, these shots were not a typical human crowd simulation, and I build my own setup for these shots.
Therefore, for this time, I’ll try to make a typical crowd simulation in a typical way to show I can do all kinds of crowds simulation tasks.
People in the ground is walking along the path, but avalanche or other kinds of disaster occurs suddenly, so they start to avoid them in the chaos.
- Snowy terrain
- Perspective – Far
Candidate – 01
Candidate – 02
- People walking on the ground
- Suddenly the avalanche starts
- After people notify this situation, they start running
- (If I want more) Dragon is coming and breath on the ground
Material to prepare
- Ground Footage
- 3D Snowy Terrain
- Numerous Crowd Rig with Rag
- Avalanche FX
- Cloudy sky
- (If I want more) Blizzard ot snowy weather
- (If I want more) Dragon with rig or Animated
- (If I want more) Dragon Breath FX
- (If I want more) Dragon Saliva FX
- Good Tracking
- Good Terrain
- Rigged human model set (walk slowly and running)
- (If I want more) Dragon model
- High Quality rendering of Height field output
- High Quality additional snow details for snowy mood
- Good angle strategy for low quality crowd
- Avalanche simulation with Grain Particle or Vellum Particle (Chunk)
- Tweak Controlling about the crowd to make people runaway
- Good Integrating snow or Blizzard
- Good diffuse lighting for snowy mood
Strategy for making them easier
- No Trees
- Make them without render (flipbook)
Feedback Note v.001
- In the case of crowd simulation, the flipbook will be allowed, if the main purpose of this shot is to show my technic that controlling the crowd, can be.
- Atom is a good plugin for crowd simulation. It supports Houdini also and they have a student version.
- 8~9 variations of people will be good to be mixed.
- I tested tweaking the motion
- Understand the structure of the agent system for the crowd simulation.
- Winter Terrain
- Avalanche available
- have a solid path
Human size check
Crowd sample Layout Test
Mountain Test render & Slap comp
Adjust the Lighting
Rendering & Compositing
I’ll keep uploading if I have more updates.
Thank you for watching!